This page contains some of the continuing education materials that I have created for workshops and other forums. To conserve resources and make these materials available to a wider audience, I add them here. Please use them as they are helpful to you in your social work educational ventures, with credit to me, and let me know if you have questions.
What is Classroom to Capitol?A resource for social workers, instructors, and students in the areas of community organizing, policy analysis and advocacy, and organizational development--a tool in your quest for social justice
Search This Site
- KS Senate should override veto to start down path to the strong revenue foundation we deserve. My kids' future starts today! #ksleg 1 year ago
- My privilege condemns me if I don't deploy it. I will show up at ICE check-ins to resist deportations bit.ly/2lwZbyB?source…. #HereToStay 1 year ago
- I love going w/friends to MOCs. But it's citizenship, not resistance. I'm up for both (!) but they're not the same. wpo.st/mG8W2 1 year ago
- My to-do list. Read this. Share it. Then spend every minute trying to live it. mic.com/articles/16672… 1 year ago
- I'll never forget happy day we got #DACA! These young immigrants represent best of America--talent, ambition, welcoming. #heretostay 1 year ago
social policy, social work, advocacy, and community organizing analysis and commentary
USE AGREEMENTAll materials on this site, except those explicitly credited to other sources, are the creation and property of Melinda K. Lewis. Visitors to this site are encouraged to use these materials for their advocacy and their own learning, and may share these materials as desired to further the pursuit of social justice. The author only requests that all materials obtained from this site, including presentations, documents, and images, be credited to Melinda K. Lewis, and that others be directed to this site for additional information. No material from this site may be sold or used for any commercial purposes without the express written permission of Melinda K. Lewis.
DisclaimerMelinda Lewis takes full responsibility for the content featured directly on this blog. This site is in no way affiliated with the University of Kansas or its School of Social Welfare. The opinions and commentary contained here are those of the author alone, who makes no claim to speak on behalf of other students, faculty, or administration at the School.