This page contains some of the continuing education materials that I have created for workshops and other forums. To conserve resources and make these materials available to a wider audience, I add them here. Please use them as they are helpful to you in your social work educational ventures, with credit to me, and let me know if you have questions.
What is Classroom to Capitol?A resource for social workers, instructors, and students in the areas of community organizing, policy analysis and advocacy, and organizational development--a tool in your quest for social justice
Search This Site
- Talking about the book with college students is a particular joy! kansan.com/arts_and_cultu… 1 week ago
- RT @OUPPsychology: Currently in America there is a more than 30% gap in college graduation rates by family income. Find out more. #educatio… 1 month ago
- RT @povertynews: The introduction of children’s savings accounts could help to jump-start children’s futures and revive the American Dream.… 1 month ago
- RT @NewAmericaFCSP: ICYMI: a review of our #MakingEducationWork event w/ Willie Elliott,@melindaklewis @RichardvReeves @DarrickHamilton @Ex… 1 month ago
- RT @EmpowermentMA: What's a book that inspires you? Here at OEE, we're reading @melindaklewis and William Elliott's latest. #BookLoversDay… 1 month ago
social policy, social work, advocacy, and community organizing analysis and commentary
USE AGREEMENTAll materials on this site, except those explicitly credited to other sources, are the creation and property of Melinda K. Lewis. Visitors to this site are encouraged to use these materials for their advocacy and their own learning, and may share these materials as desired to further the pursuit of social justice. The author only requests that all materials obtained from this site, including presentations, documents, and images, be credited to Melinda K. Lewis, and that others be directed to this site for additional information. No material from this site may be sold or used for any commercial purposes without the express written permission of Melinda K. Lewis.
DisclaimerMelinda Lewis takes full responsibility for the content featured directly on this blog. This site is in no way affiliated with the University of Kansas or its School of Social Welfare. The opinions and commentary contained here are those of the author alone, who makes no claim to speak on behalf of other students, faculty, or administration at the School.